Dillon Danis claims he is RETIRING from boxing after just one bout and says he’s ‘done with fighting’ following his farcical display against Logan Paul that saw him disqualified for attempting jiu-jitsu moves
- Dillon Danis has claimed he is retiring from boxing after just one fight
- He was disqualified from his fight against Logan Paul for trying jiu-jitsu moves
- Latest as huge list of big fighters head for Saudi on December 23: The Hook
Dillon Danis has claimed he is ‘retiring’ from boxing after just one fight against Logan Paul – insisting he is ‘done’ with the sport.
Danis was disqualified from his bout against Paul on the undercard of Tommy Fury vs KSI last month after attempting jiu-jitsu moves – with the contest ending in farcical circumstances as his unorthodox fighting triggered a mass brawl in the ring.
It ended an unsavoury build-up to the fight after Danis had attempted to troll his rival almost every day with verbal attacks on his fiancee Nina Agdal on social media.
Danis uploaded X-rated pictures of the Danish model nearly every day before Agdal was granted a restraining order against him – preventing him from posting any such pictures in the future.
However, his verbal taunts continued right up until the fight, and also saw him throw a microphone at Paul – until the American YouTuber dominated him in the ring.
Dillon Danis has claimed he has retired from boxing despite having just one fight
He was disqualified from his fight against Logan Paul after attempting jiu-jitsu moves
Now Danis – initially from an MMA background – has announced his supposed retirement from the sport on social media platform X.
He wrote: ‘I’m done with fighting. I’m retired. Love you all.’
Danis had already threatened to retire as he called out Logan’s brother Jake just a day after his loss – saying he would call it a day if he was defeated.
‘Hey @jakepaul your brother hits like a b**** if you knock me out I’ll retire forever and give everyone who likes this 2k.’
Danis has received plenty of stick from fans in the aftermath of the fight as he failed to follow through on his promise to KO Paul after his regular taunts in the weeks prior.
His conduct had been heavily criticised over his continued attacks on Agdal – including a video he shared where the Danish model discusses her sexual cravings.
Danis ramped up his rivalry with Paul by sharing an X-rated photos and videos of Agdal on his X account almost daily before his farcical display
He infamously shared a video where Agdal was seen discussing her sexual cravings
Agdal, 31, said in her £122,000 ($150,000) lawsuit that she had suffered humiliation, emotional distress and reputational harm at the hands of Danis.
‘Danis posted the photograph – entirely uncensored – from his X (Twitter) account, without Plaintiff’s consent,’ Agdal wrote in the suit. ‘Later that day, Danis reposted the explicit photograph in order to maximise the number of views it would receive.’
Danis responded to the suit via X, informing his followers that he could not offer much comment at this time. ‘Nina Adgal has filed a massive lawsuit against me.’
In a pre-fight chat with Dazn at the AO Arena in Manchester, Paul said he had forgiven Danis for his offences in the run-up to their clash in the ring.
He said: ‘I reached a little bit of a zen moment last night because he has made it so personal. How do you not go in there wanting to murder this human being?
‘The answer is I forgive him. I forgive Dillon. I’m just going to go in there and do my job, stay focused and do what I have to do tonight.’
However, after the fight, he wrote: ‘Honestly nothing to be proud about. That dude sucks, a real c***. I’m gonna go back to living my life but felt good to beat his ass for six rounds and let him embarrass himself. Drink prime.’
Source: Read Full Article