Jake Paul trolls Canelo as pound-for-pound king refuses to rule out fight

Jake Paul has mocked Canelo Alvarez as speculation builds over a potential future bout between the pair.

Alvarez, 31, has won multiple world championships in four weight classes from light middleweight to light heavyweight, and is currently preparing for his super middleweight unification bout with Caleb Plant on November 6.

YouTuber Paul meanwhile, has just four professional fights to his name and despite prevailing in all of them, is yet to take on a full-time boxer.

However, that hasn't stopped 'The Problem Child' compiling am ambitious 'hit-list' of future opponents, that includes Alvarez, and he's audaciously pledged to fight the Mexican great within three years.

For his part, Alvarez has refused to rule out a future bout with Paul, 24, telling FightHype: "We don't know, you can never say never. We'll see in the future."

He added the internet sensation would need to do "a lot of things", before the fight could become a possibility.

It isn't the first time he's hinted at giving Paul a shot later down the line, last month telling a Spanish television station: "He isn't ready yet. He needs to keep improving, and good luck to him.

"I'm not going to say I like (Paul's attitude) or I don't like. Everybody knows his personality so it's good."

Paul was quick to pounce on the interview with FightHype, and in a clear attempt to goad 'Saul', later released his own clip where he mimicked the hand and facial expressions of Alvarez in his interview and mimed his words.

Earlier this year, Paul appeared on Fox Sports' Undisputed with Skip and Shannon, and said he would willingly cut weight to be able to fight a man regarded by many to be the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world.

"I would probably have to cut to 170 if we were doing it for an actual belt," he said.

"It would be a big, big cut but those are the sacrifices you'd have to make to be a champion. I think he would underestimate me and let me weigh whatever I want because he thinks he'll take me out."

Paul's next bout however, is likely to be a rematch with former UFC star Tyron Woodley, after beating the 39-year-old via split decision in August.

Source: Read Full Article