Non-league side Blyth Spartans make hilarious transfer bid for Cristiano Ronaldo… offering to take the wantaway star ‘off Manchester United’s hands for a ‘pie and a pint of Stella!’ following bombshell interview
- Blyth Spartans have offered to take Cristiano Ronaldo off Man United’s hands
- The non-league side asked for ‘a pie and a pint of Stella’ in return for Ronaldo
- They Tweet comes after clips Ronaldo’s interview with Piers Morgan were aired
- He take aim at Man United , Erik ten Hag , Ralf Rangnick, Gary Neville and others
Non-league side Blyth Spartans have hilariously offered to take Cristiano Ronaldo off Manchester United’s hands in return for ‘a pie and a pint of Stella!’.
Ronaldo’s time at United is expected to come to an end sooner rather than later as the club terminate the 37-year-old’s contract following his bombshell interview with Piers Morgan.
Clips of Ronaldo’s sit-down conversation with Morgan were aired on Sunday evening and saw him take aim at Manchester United, Erik ten Hag, Ralf Rangnick, Gary Neville and others.
Non-league side Blyth Spartans have hilariously offered to take Cristiano Ronaldo off Manchester United’s hands following the 37-year-old’s bombshell interview
The non-league side asked for ‘a pie and a pint of Stella’ in return for the Portugal international
United released a statement acknowledging Ronaldo’s interview on Monday afternoon and said they would ‘consider’ their response after the ‘full facts had been established’.
Non-league side Blyth Spartans couldn’t help but jump on Twitter shortly after the statement was released to mock the situation surrounding Ronaldo. They wrote: ‘Hi Manchester United.
‘We hear Cristiano Ronaldo is looking for a move? We’ll take him off your hands for a shy’s pie and a pint of Stella!’.
They Tweet comes after clips of Ronaldo’s interview with Piers Morgan aired on Sunday
Fans were quick to join in on the joke with one Tweeting: ‘Don’t think he’s enough to save use from the drop this season.’
Another supporter said: ‘He ain’t getting the 7 off Richardson!’, while one wrote ‘Barlow’s better trust me’.
The gag comes shortly after Talk TV released a series of clips featuring Ronaldo and Morgan. The 37-year-old was heard accusing Ten Hag and the United executives of trying to force him out of the club.
He also took issue with his former Manchester United team-mates Wayne Rooney and Gary Neville during the bombshell interview.
Ronaldo admitted he has no respect for current Man United boss Erik Ten Hag during the chat
Sportsmail recently revealed that United could have the grounds to terminate Ronaldo’s contract following the explosive interview.
Litigation and Sports Lawyer David Seligman took to Twitter to say his contract could be ripped up due to a ‘material breach of the implied duty of trust and confidence’.
Simply put, the 37-year-old could be dismissed as United (the employer) have lost confidence in Ronaldo (the employee) to such an extent that is not feasible for him to return to work.
Therefore, Ronaldo will be eager to find another top-flight club to join after ending his love affair with Manchester United in dramatic fashion.
However, Ronaldo may struggle to move on from United as he could remain registered to the club for 30 days despite his contract being potentially terminated.
Seligman wrote: ‘#FIFA rules/jurisprudence on player registrations are not all that simple. #MUFC could terminate contact but retain registration for purposes of compensation, if termination caused by #Ronaldo conduct. #CR7 legal position very interesting now.’
Meanwhile, FIFA’s rules state: ‘Professionals who end their careers upon expiry of their contracts and amateurs who terminate their activity shall remain registered at the association of their last club for a period of 30 months. This period begins on the day the player made his last appearance for the club in an official match.’
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article