‘I want to disfigure him so his mother wouldn’t even know who he was’: Deontay Wilder announces he wants to ‘DECAPITATE’ Tyson Fury in trilogy bout as he hits out at ‘coward’ Gypsy King for ‘trying to avoid me’ by arranging Antony Joshua showdown
- Deontay Wilder is set to fight Tyson Fury for the third time on July 24
- The Gypsy King had been set to fight Anthony Joshua in Saudi Arabia in August
- Wilder feels Fury was trying to ‘avoid’ a trilogy bout by focusing on Joshua
- The Bronze Bomber is keen to get revenge for his February 2020 loss to Fury
Deontay Wilder has labelled boxing rival Tyson Fury a ‘coward’ for ‘trying to avoid’ the American by instead looking to fight Anthony Joshua.
The Gypsy King was all set for a dream British heavyweight showdown with Joshua, only to be ordered by an arbitration judge to fight Wilder in a second rematch, after stripping the Bronze Bomber of his WBC title last February.
Fury and Wilder are now set to lock horns for a third time at Las Vegas’ new Allegiant Stadium on July 24, putting any potential Battle of Britain between Fury and AJ on the back-burner.
Deontay Wilder has called Tyson Fury a ‘coward’ for ‘trying to avoid’ a trilogy fight
Wilder is keen to exact revenge on Fury following his seventh round defeat in February 2020
Wilder has spent most of the last year lobbying for a rematch with Fury, and now that he has got his wish, he is keen to exact revenge on the Gypsy King.
The 35-year-old American told 78SportsTV: ‘My mentality is – you’ve been contemplating about hurting a person so bad, to the point you wanna disfigure him so his mother wouldn’t even know who he was. You wanna decapitate him in every way, like premeditated stuff.
‘There’s nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. You got to go through me. I’m the hardest puncher in heavyweight history, and I’m going to continue to do that.
‘I’m ready to get this title back. We were contractually obligated to have a fight. He gave his word. When you do all that – and we have the proof – you got to abide by that.
‘You got to handle the business, and you can’t close the chapter without going through Deontay Wilder.’
The trilogy fight means plans for an undisputed bout between Joshua and Fury will be pushed back after it was supposed to take place on August 14 in Saudi Arabia.
Fury had been down to fight Anthony Joshua until the arbitration judge ordered a rematch
Wilder said that Fury was trying to get out of a trilogy fight by pushing forward plans to fight Joshua.
He said: ‘Of course, I look at it as a coward way of trying to avoid me.’
The Bronze Bomber’s manager Shelly Finkel has previously said that he believes Wilder will ‘surprise’ the world by stopping Fury in their rematch.
In an interview with Sky Sports, Finkel said: ‘He (Wilder) is definitely capable. No excuses, he wasn’t the Deontay we know in that second fight and we’ll be looking to surprise the world.
‘We’re not really that surprised if it happens, but everyone else will and I honestly believe Deontay is going to stop him this time.’
With Fury now occupied this summer, Joshua is now likely to fight unbeaten Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk.
Wilder says he is planning to ‘decapitate’ the Gypsy King in their trilogy fight in Las Vegas
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article