AC Milan and Juventus will be thrown out of Serie A if they continue to hold onto their European Super League dream, according to the chief of the Italian football federation (FIGC).
The pair have yet to officially announce that they have withdrawn from the tournament, unlike the third prospective Serie A breakaway club Inter Milan.
Inter released a statement confirming their withdrawal last Wednesday, but their city rivals Milan have so far only apologised to fans for their involvement, while Juve – whose chairman Andrea Agnelli was one of the league's driving forces – have said that they are "committed" to the idea, but aware it currently cannot go ahead.
The league was taken off the table when all six Premier League clubs involved withdrew from the plans last week amid a huge backlash.
FIGC chief Gabriele Gravina remains hugely opposed to the move, and slammed Milan and Juve for holding onto the idea as he brought in new legislature aimed at punishing clubs for their involvement in new tournaments outside of Italy, Europe and the world's recognised competitions.
"As for the anti-Super League rule, whoever is considering joining a competition which is not authorised by UEFA, FIFA and FIGC will lose their membership," Gravina said at a news conference.
"Anyone who has interpreted the Super League as an act of simple weakness on the part of some companies experiencing economic difficulties, is wrong.
"At the moment we have no news of who stayed and who left the Super League. This rule will be included in the national licenses and then it will be embedded in the sports justice code.
"If, by the deadline for applications for national championships, a team joins other championships of a private nature, they are out [of FIGC competitions]."
Source: Read Full Article