Burnley vs Fulham postponed in fourth Premier League cancelled due to COVID outbreak

Tottenham: Mourinho calls Fulham postponement 'unprofessional'

Fulham’s scheduled match against Burnley on Sunday has been postponed due to more positive COVID-19 test results at Cravon Cottage. Fulham had their match against Tottenham on December 30 postponed just hours before kick-off earlier this week after it emerged that a number of people at the club had tested positive for coronavirus.

Fulham were set to train on Saturday morning ahead of tomorrow’s match against Fulham.

But The Athletic report that players have been told to stay aware from the training ground with the game now being postponed.

It is reported that more positive cases have been identified, leading to more concerns about games in the future.

The match at Turf Moor becomes the fourth Premier League game this season to be postponed due to a COVID-19 outbreak.

Newcastle’s scheduled match against Aston Villa earlier last month became the first Premier League game to be postponed since Project Restart.

Manchester City then had their game against Everton this past Monday postponed after a number of positive tests.

The club reported there had been four positive tests among plays and staff on Christmas Day along with another three on December 29.

And Pep Guardiola has already admitted that he will be without five first-team players for Sunday’s trip to Chelsea.

JUST IN: Tottenham vs Fulham called off in Premier League after Covid outbreak

“We have five [players out] right now,” he said. “Five players. The first cases were two players and two staff – and then three players the second time.

“The Premier league will not allow us [to name the players], but tomorrow you will see because they will not travel. They told us not to and some clubs announce, some don’t.

“We have to respect the privacy of players. But tomorrow you will see the three important players who are not there. I am not allowed to tell you.”

Kyle Walker and Gabriel Jesus were confirmed as two of the players who tested positive for coronavirus on Christmas Day.

But Guardiola insists he was ready to fulfil the fixture against Everton on Monday, however he understood the stance from the Premier League.

“We had enough players to play Everton – we wanted to play – but on the day of the game with the day before four cases, the virus was inside our Club.

“I called Carlo Ancelotti to announce the situation because we could play, but if we travel led and we had been in touch with our infected players, we could infect Everton.

“It was a big risk. Not just here. Around the world. The problem is still here but now we have disinfected, cleaned out the CFA and we take tests and hopefully they will all be negative. And hopeful the ones infected come back safe. In a few cases (of those tested) we still don’t have the results.”

Source: Read Full Article