Match report and highlights as Ademola Lookman’s strike hands Fulham a crucial win over Sheffield United; Lookman strikes in 61st minute to earn Scott Parker’s side all three points; Fulham move to within three points of safety; Sheffield United’s survival hopes hang by a thread
Saturday 20 February 2021 22:20, UK
Fulham gave their survival hopes a huge boost as Ademola Lookman’s strike earned his side a 1-0 victory over relegation rivals Sheffield United.
After a lacklustre first half, Lookman blasted Scott Parker’s side to all three points in the 61st minute, deepening Sheffield United’s plight in the process.
The victory sees Fulham move to within three points of safety. Parker’s men now have 17th-placed Newcastle, who face Manchester United on Sunday evening, firmly in their sights.
Meanwhile, Sheffield United’s Premier League status is hanging by a thread as Chris Wilder’s side remain 14 points from safety, rooted to the bottom of the table.
More to follow…
- How the teams lined up | Match stats
- Premier League table | Results
- Get Sky Sports | Get a Sky Sports Pass
Man of the match – Ademola Lookman
Ademola Lookman was Fulham’s hero once again as he scored what could prove to be a crucial goal in his side’s bid for survival.
He has now been directly involved in more Premier League goals than any other Fulham player this season (four goals and three assists).
He has also scored four goals in 22 Premier League appearances this season – only in 2017-18 (five in 11 Bundesliga appearances) has he netted more in a top-flight campaign.
⭐️ Man of the Match, @FulhamFC’s Ademola Lookman
69 touches, 4 in opposition box
Completed 33/39 passes
Won 8/16 duels
3 chances created
3 shots, 2 on target
Scored 1-0 winner, 4th PL goal this season pic.twitter.com/n123cv1HdN
Opta stats – Home comforts for Fulham… finally!
- Fulham picked up just their second victory in 14 Premier League home games (W2 D4 L8) and first since beating West Brom in November.
- Parker’s side have won two of their last three Premier League games (D1), as many as they’d won in their previous 24 in the competition (W2 D9 L13).
- Sheffield United have only won two of their 28 Premier League games in London (D8 L18), winning at Chelsea in October 1992 (2-1) and Crystal Palace in February 2020 (1-0).
- The Blades have kept fewer clean sheets than any other team in the Premier League this season (1).
Fulham travel to Crystal Palace next Sunday at midday, before Sheffield United host Liverpool, also next Sunday, kick-off is 7.15pm.
Source: Read Full Article