Hart says there is 'plenty more to come' after Burnley release

‘I just need someone to believe in me and I will repay that faith’: Joe Hart is convinced there is ‘plenty more to come’ after he was released by Burnley… even if he admits Real Madrid will not ‘knock’ his door down any time soon!

  • Joe Hart was released by Burnley on Tuesday after his contract expired
  • Hart has suffered a severe career slump since being dropped at Manchester City 
  • But the goalkeeper says he can repay someone’s faith if they give it to him 

Joe Hart has asked to be given a shot to revive his career after he was released by Burnley.

The former England No 1 has no club for the first time in his 17-year professional career after being released by the Turf Moor side at the end of his contract on Tuesday.

And after 18 months as a backup for the Lancashire side, the 33-year-old insists that it will not ‘define’ the rest of his career.

Joe Hart has asked to be given a shot at reviving his career after he was released by Burnley

He continued in an interview with BBC Sport: ‘Maybe from the outside, people are thinking it is a time for panic, but from the inside it is a time to look forward and see all the opportunities.

‘I am young when it comes to goalkeeping. I am even younger when it comes to the mental age of a guy who just wants to go in goal and have people whack balls at him.

‘I am under no illusions that Real Madrid are going to knock my door down, get [Thibaut] Courtois out and bring me in. But there is plenty more to come from me.

‘I just need someone to believe in me and I will repay that faith.’

Hart spent most of this season warming the bench for Burnley before he was released

Hart has had a difficult spell since being dropped as first-choice goalkeeper at Manchester City.

Prior to Pep Guardiola’s arrival, Hart won two Premier League titles, the FA Cup and the League Cup.

But the Spaniard decided he would not be his first-team goalkeeper and Hart departed to Italian side Torino on loan. He had a successful spell there but was not signed on a permanent basis.

Hart was previously first-choice for both Manchester City and England before a career slump

Instead, he moved to West Ham the following season, where he let in 10 goals in his first three appearances. They dropped him and he ended up joining Burnley the following season.

There he played the first 19 league games before Tom Heaton took his place in the starting lineup. 

He only played three cup games this campaign before Burnley announced they would not be extending his deal, with his release coming on Tuesday.




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article