Jadon Sancho ‘desperate’ to link up with three Man Utd stars as Red Devils ready £90m bid

Manchester United target Jadon Sancho is reportedly desperate to link up with three England team-mates as the Red Devils prepare a £90million bid. The Premier League side are expected to make an offer to Borussia Dortmund next week before the transfer window closes on October 5.

United’s executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward is ready to bid an initial £75m plus £15m in add-ons for England winger Sancho.

It be the Red Devils’ first official bid – but is also expected to be their final offer, with Woodward planning to call Dortmund’s bluff after the Bundesliga club insisted all summer they would not accept less than £108m.

And United hope Sancho’s desperation to join Ole Gunner Solskjaer’s side will be a deciding factor in convincing the German giants to sell up.

The 20-year-old is understood to be keen to link up with Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood and Harry Maguire, who he knows well from England duty.

JUST IN: Man Utd target Alex Telles determined to force transfer amid £36m tag

Sancho is thought to have already agreed terms on a £175,000-per-week contract to switch to Old Trafford.

He is keen on a return to the area, having left United’s rivals Manchester City to pursue his dream of first-team football with Dortmund in 2017.

The transfer saga has dragged on through the summer, with United unwilling to meet Dortmund’s sky-high asking price given the financial impact of the coronavirus pandemic.

And according to the Daily Star, the £75m bid plus add-ons will be a take-it-or-leave-it offer, with United ready to walk away if Dortmund do not accept.

DON’T MISS

Man Utd legend urges Solskjaer to snub Jadon Sancho transfer [INTERVIEW]

Dayot Upamecano confirms transfer talks amid Man Utd links [NEWS]

Man Utd transfer approach questioned with Ed Woodward facing decision [ANALYSIS]

Woodward is set to make that clear to Dortmund as United seek to do a deal before the window shuts, having only signed Donny van de Beek from Ajax so far this summer.

United chiefs are reportedly still confident an agreement can be brokered, even if their only offer is set to fall well short of Dortmund’s valuation of the player.

The 13-time Premier League champions see their offer as generous given the impact COVID-19 has had on the finances of clubs – although only £75m of it is guaranteed.

The Star says Woodward has been keen to play the saga patiently to avoid overpaying for Sancho although he knows how much Solskjaer would like the attacker at Old Trafford.

Premier League done deals: Every confirmed transfer in the top flight

Get NOW TV Sky Sports season pass and save 25 percent

Although their interest in a deal has dragged out for three months, United have apparently been in constant contact with the player’s representative Emeka Obasi.

United legend Andy Cole thinks his former club should snub a deal for Sancho anyway, in order to prioritise other areas of the squad.

“Putting Jadon Sancho in that Man United team would not mean they win the league this season, far from it,” Cole told TEAMtalk.

“He is a talented kid, really talented, but he will not change everything for United.

“Bringing in two or three players with that money might be a more sensible route.”

Ivan Perisic of Inter Milan, Barcelona’s Ousmane Dembele and Bayern Munich wide-man Douglas Costa are all admired by United’s hierarchy and are potential alternatives to Sancho.

This article contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission on any sales of products or services we write about. This article was written completely independently, see more details here

Source: Read Full Article