Don’t wait 30 years – sign up for our daily football email newsletter today!
Manchester United are set for another huge blow in the transfer market this month.
The Red Devils look almost certain to miss out on key target Jadon Sancho after their initial offer was rejected, and Alex Telles could join that list as Porto stand firm over their asking price of £18m.
The 27-year-old Brazil international has proved to be a valuable asset as an attacking full-back in Portugal, which makes the asking price of €20m seem reasonable – but his contract situation makes it tricky.
Telles will be able to agree a deal with United in January before moving for free next summer, which is why Ed Woodward will be feeling uncertain about parting with the full asking price this weekend.
The Telegraph have reported that although Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen to add the left-back to his playing squad before Monday’s deadline, but Porto won’t be considering any bids after Saturday.
United are said to have offer just over half the asking price of £18m, but add that the pre-contract agreement between the player and his potential new club could follow on January 1.
Solskjaer said of his transfer plans earlier this week when asked if United would be able to sanction further incoming deals: "You never know in football. You’re never surprised if anything pops up.
“We get speculation about us all the time. The club is working hard do what we want to do.
“I’m focused on the players we’ve got, ready for Sunday [against Tottenham], playing.
“That’s the sole focus in the coaches office. Let’s see what happens.”
Get the latest transfer news straight into your inbox!
Want to be on the ball with Jadon Sancho to Manchester United updates? Or perhaps you're a Chelsea fan wondering who on earth could join next?
Well then sign up for the brilliant new Daily Star Sport email newsletter!
From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox.
How do you sign up?
It only takes a matter of seconds.
Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'.
And that's it, job done. You'll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.
You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.
The Norwegian also took the time to back his colleague Woodward following a quiet summer, and stated that he should not have said that the club could ‘exploit’ the current situation in the market.
He said: "I think my wording in lockdown 'exploit' was a bad word by me.
"I didn't mean it in that respect, I meant clubs out there have to move because of the situation and it might be a situation for us.
"We've lost loads of money like the other clubs have as well.”
- Manchester United FC
- Premier League
- Transfer news
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Source: Read Full Article