Man Utd star Ronaldo ‘accepts’ FA charge despite Ten Hag comment
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly ‘accepted’ his charge from the FA last month, despite Erik ten Hag’s saying the opposite. The FA put out a statement at the end of last month, charging Ronaldo “with a breach of FA Rule E3 for an incident that took place after Manchester United FC’s Premier League match against Everton FC on Saturday 9 April 2022”.
Ronaldo was filmed smashing a young Everton fan’s phone to the ground following the match. The Portugal international was given until Monday to give his response to the charge.
United issued a statement after the charge against Ronaldo, stating they “will be supporting the player”. And Ten Hag indicated that Ronaldo was planning to fight the charge against the FA.
When asked what Ronaldo’s response had been while speaking in a press conference ahead of the Europa League match against Omonia Nicosia, Ten Hag said: “We spoke about that. He will not accept it.” But the Manchester Evening News report Ronaldo has in fact ‘accepted’ the charge.
JUST IN: Man Utd set financial condition for Van de Beek exit as Leicester lurk
It is claimed that Ten Hag’s response was in relation to the prospect of Ronaldo being banned for several matches. The report adds that the United manager ‘mininterpreted’ the question at his press conference.
Ten Hag is said to have held talks with the United press officer on the matter of Ronaldo’s charge before issuing his reply. Ronaldo apologised on social media following the incident back in April with Merseyside police confirming they had concluded their investigation on August 17 after interviewing the United striker.
The Red Devils host Omonia Nicosia on Thursday night with Ronaldo in contention to start again with Anthony Martial suffering an injury setback. And Ten Hag is hopeful that Ronaldo can soon start finding his best form in front of goal again.
“I want to support him as good as possible,” Ten Hag said. “We have a certain demand of him and what we expect of him in certain positions on the pitch.
“But that is, I want to get the best out of him. Obviously, he is getting in better shape now and I am happy with that, so he can contribute more to the squad. I’m sure he will do.”
Source: Read Full Article