PSG striker Hugo Ekitike leads the list of the most improved players on FIFA 23 after his sensational season at Reims… while Arsenal keeper Aaron Ramsdale and Spurs defender Djed Spence also see their stock rise
- FIFA 23 is set to be released at the end of September with ratings set to change
- PSG striker Hugo Ekitike is biggest riser, with overall rating going up by 15
- Southampton’s Tino Livramento and Tottenham’s Djed Spence also in top 10
- Three Premier League stars including Arsenal’s Aaron Ramsdale in top 25
Paris Saint-Germain striker Hugo Ekitike is at the front of the list for players whose overall rating has been given a major boost ahead of the release of FIFA 23.
The latest instalment of the video game is set to come out on 30 September and Sportsmail can reveal the list of players who have improved the most in comparison to FIFA 22.
France U20 international Ekitike’s rating has jumped from 61 all the way up to 76 – an increase of 15 – after scoring 11 goals in 26 games across all competitions last season for Reims.
Paris Saint-Germain striker Hugo Ekitike has seen his overall rating go up by 15 on FIFA 23
Southampton defender Tino Livramento is just behind with his rating increasing by 14
That form earned the 20-year-old forward – who Newcastle were interested in signing in January – a season-long loan move to Ligue 1 champions PSG, who have the option to make it permanent for £25.5m.
Ekitike is followed closely by Southampton defender Tino Livramento, who enjoyed a breakout campaign in 2021-22 after joining the Saints from Chelsea in a £5m switch.
He earned rave reviews with a series of stellar displays — most notably against the two Manchester clubs – on his way to making 28 top-flight appearances last term as well as his England U21 debut.
His season was cruelly cut short after suffering an ACL injury in April, but with the player on the mend he has also been rewarded on the video game by seeing his stock rise from 61 to 75.
Ekitike’s fellow summer arrival at PSG Vitinha also ranks well in the list released
Tottenham and Borussia Dortmund defenders Djed Spence and Nico Schlotterbeck made top 10
Rennes defender Warmed Omari is third on the list with an increase of 13 in his rating, while Ekitike’s fellow PSG summer signing Vitinha is one of three names whose rating has increased by 12.
Manchester United, Arsenal and Barcelona were all said to have been tracking him before the French giants moved to improve their midfield.
Tottenham and Borussia Dortmund defenders Djed Spence and Nico Schlotterbeck are also in double figures in terms of rating increase.
Spence delivered a stunning display in Nottingham Forest’s FA Cup victory over Arsenal last season, and played a crucial role in Steve Cooper’s men promotion to the Premier League with his 42 appearances.
Pierre Kalulu played a major role for AC Milan in their Scudetto-winning campaign in 2021-22
Schlotterbeck meanwhile is seen as newest centre-back sensation in Germany and has been compared to Mats Hummels due to his reading of the game.
Moreover, his versatility in a back three and four as well as in midfield is highly valued by Dortmund and the German national team.
Pierre Kalulu – who played 28 Serie A matches for an AC Milan side who conceded just 31 league goals last season on their way to the title – also sees his rating bumped up from 69 to 78.
Three Premier League stars also feature in the top 25 of the list released, with Arsenal goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale ranked highest among those remaining.
Ramsdale joined the Gunners last season in a £30m deal and put in a number of impressive performances last term to help take Mikel Arteta’s men back into Europe as well as winning his first caps for England.
Arsenal goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale is one of three Premier League stars between No 10 and 25
Everton and Aston Villa midfielders Anthony Gordon and Jacob Ramsey also make the cut
Everton and Aston Villa midfielders Anthony Gordon and Jacob Ramsey come in at the bottom of the list but still see their stock rise considerably.
Gordon was a rare shining light for the Toffees last season, helping them avoid relegation, scoring four goals and laying on two assists in his 35 Premier League appearances.
Chelsea were prepared to pay as much as £60m for him in the summer window as a reflection of his talent, but the midfielder ended up staying at Goodison Park.
Ramsey also demonstrated the energy of youth in Villa’s midfield and impressed under Steven Gerrard, scoring six goals for the West Midland side last season.
As a result, the pair have seen their ratings increase by eight, from 67 to 75.
TOP 25 MOST IMPROVED PLAYERS ON FIFA 23
1) Hugo Ekitike (PSG) – 15 (61 to 76)
2) Tino Livramento (Southampton) – 14 (61 to 75)
3) Warmed Omari (Rennes) – 13 (62 to 75)
4) Vitinha (PSG) – 12 (67 to 79)
5) Nicolo Casale (Lazio) – 12 (64 to 76)
6) Fran Navarro (Gil Vicente) – 12 (63 to 75)
7) Castello Lukeba (Lyon) – 11 (65 to 76)
8) Nico Schlotterbeck (Borussia Dortmund) – 10 (72 to 82)
9) Wilfried Singo (Torino) – 10 (66 to 76)
10) Djed Spence (Tottenham) – 10 (65 to 75)
11) Georginio Rutter (Hoffenheim) – 10 (65 to 75)
12) Pierre Kalulu (AC Milan) – 9 (69 to 78)
13) Patrick Wimmer (Wolfsburg) – 9 (67 to 76)
14) Josip Sutalo (Dinamo Zagreb) – 9 (66 to 75)
15) Malo Gusto (Lyon) – 9 (66 to 75)
16) Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal) – 8 (74 to 82)
17) David Raum (RB Leipzig) – 8 (73 to 81)
18) Piero Hincapie (Bayer Leverkusen) – 8 (70 to 78)
19) Deniz Undav (Brighton) – 8 (69 to 77)
20) Hugo Duro (Valencia) – 8 (69 to 77)
21) Davide Frattesi (Sassuolo) – 8 (69 to 77)
22) Kouadio Manu Kone (Borussia Moenchengladbach) – 8 (69 to 77)
23) Anthony Gordon (Everton) – 8 (67 to 75)
24) Jacob Ramsey (Aston Villa) – 8 (67 to 75)
25) Ansgar Knauff (Eintracht Frankfurt) – 8 (67 to 75)
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article