QPR chief executive Lee Hoos says his club are "vehemently opposed" to the planned resumption of the Championship on 20 June.
The Premier League announced last Thursday that matches will resume on 17 June after a three-month suspension which began in mid-March.
And the EFL made a similar announcement on Sunday evening by stating the Championship is set to restart three days after the top-flight – with the news shocking and angering QPR.
"I am absolutely stunned by this announcement, as is our director of football Les Ferdinand and our manager Mark Warburton," Hoos said.
"Incredibly, there has been absolutely no consultation with individual clubs nor with the Championship doctors' working group by the divisional representatives – or anyone else in the Football League – regarding this matter.
"On top of that, we were only made aware of the statement 40 minutes before it was made public.
"Having spoken with Les and Mark, they share my views. We are vehemently opposed to this schedule.
"The players haven't even returned to full-contact training at this moment and yet they are now expected to be in a position to play at a competitive level in just three weeks' time.
"I have made our feelings known to the EFL and, having spoken with a number of CEOs at other Championship clubs, I am not a lone voice on this matter. We are absolutely appalled."
Warburton echoed Hoos' comments, claiming it is "beggars belief" to be thinking of resuming on 20 June with contact training yet to restart.
"Staggered. I think everyone was staggered last night when the news was suddenly announced late evening," he told talkSPORT.
"Little consolation. I know our CEO, who has been outstanding throughout, had no idea. Our medical side had no idea, nor did I.
"We had told the players earlier on a Zoom call that we thought 27 June would be the earliest and now they're looking a week earlier.
Source: Read Full Article