Don’t wait around for updates – sign up for our daily football email newsletter today!
Cristiano Ronaldo's future at Juventus has once again been thrown into doubt – after the megastar requested to be left out of their Serie A clash with Udinese.
Ronaldo's future has been the subject of wild speculation all summer, with a host of clubs around Europe registering their interest in the goal machine.
The Portuguese ace has been linked with an emotional return to former club Manchester United in recent weeks.
United's rivals, Manchester City and PSG, who signed Lionel Messi earlier this summer, have also been credited with an interest in the attacker.
But journalist Fabrizio Romano has now tweeted an update on Ronaldo's future – revealing the Juve star demanded to be left out of Sunday's clash with Udinese.
He tweeted: "Cristiano Ronaldo will be on the bench for Udinese-Juventus. Official.
"Ronaldo. He’s NOT starting – it was a precise request from Cristiano because he hopes to find a solution on the market in the next days. But Juventus have received NO official bids yet for Cristiano."
This latest update will send fans of clubs around the globe into a frenzy as the noise continues around the future of the Portuguese star.
Where do you think Ronaldo will end up? Let us know in the comments section
Ronaldo made moves to try and silence the speculation around his future by releasing a statement earlier in the week.
The ex-Real Madrid star said on his Instagram: "Anyone who knows me is aware of how focused I am on my work. Less talk and more action, this has been my guiding motto since the start of my career.
"However, in view of everything that’s been said and written recently, I have to set out my position.
"More than the disrespect for me as a man and as a player, the frivolous way that my future is covered in the media is disrespectful to all the clubs involved in these rumours, as well as to their players and staff.
"My story at Real Madrid has been written. It’s been recorded. In words and numbers, in trophies and titles, in records and in headlines.
"It’s in the Museum at the Bernabeu Stadium and it’s also in the minds of every fan of the club.
"And beyond what I achieved, I remember that in those nine years I had a relationship of deep affection and respect for 'merengue afición', an affection and respect that I retain to this day, and that I will always cherish.
"I know that the true Real Madrid fans will continue to have me in their hearts, and I will have them in mine."
The star also appeared to rule out linking up with fellow icon Messi at PSG.
He added: "As well as this most recent episode in Spain, there have been frequent news and stories associating me with a number of clubs in many different Leagues, with nobody ever being concerned about trying to find out the actual truth.
"I’m breaking my silence now to say that I can’t allow people to keep playing around with my name.
"I remain focused on my career and in my work, committed and prepared for all the challenges that I have to face. Everything else? Everything else is just talk."
Juventus vice-president Pavel Nedved has insisted that Ronaldo's absence isn't anything transfer-related in a move to silence speculation.
The former Juve midfielder instead claimed Ronaldo is "not fully fit" and for people to not look for " sensational things" in his absence.
"Do not look for sensational things when there aren't any," Nedved said to DAZN on Ronaldo's absence. "It was a joint decision with the coach because we're at the start of the season and it is normal that he's not fully fit."
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Manchester United FC
- Juventus FC
- Premier League
Source: Read Full Article