Manchester United target Saul Niguez sets tongues wagging with cryptic tweet teasing a ‘new club’… but Atletico Madrid’s £70m-rated man says his lips are sealed for three days
- Saul Niguez’s latest tweet has caused a stir on Twitter due to its cryptic nature
- The Spain midfielder has been heavily linked with a move to Manchester United
- But it is believed that the 25-year-old is not close to leaving Atletico Madrid
- Saul has played 37 games across all competitions for Atletico this season
- Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19
Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez has caused a stir after posting a rather cryptic tweet that he would announce a ‘new club’ in three days.
The Spain international was heavily linked with a £70million move to Manchester United, particularly before the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.
But the 25-year-old – who has played 37 times for Diego Simeone’s men this season and scored four goal – insisted he would not reveal his cards until that 72-hour period was over.
Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez has caused a stir after posting a rather cryptic tweet
In the tweet, the Atletico Madrid midfielder said he would announce a ‘new club’ in three days
To tease a new club on Twitter three days in advance for a player of Saul’s stature would be an unpredecented move.
And despite reports of a departure surfacing and intensifying during the season, it is not believed any transfer is close to completion.
His announcement is therefore unlikely to follow in the footsteps of former team-mate Antoine Griezmann, who announced last summer that he was leaving Atletico after five years at the club by posting a video on the social media platform.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s Manchester United have been heavily linked with a move for Saul
But it is not believed that the 25-year-old Spain international is close to leaving Atletico
Sportsmail revealed last month that Atletico could have been forced to sell Saul alongside fellow midfielder Thomas Partey if the season did not finish its course, as the club would have faced an £88million loss of Champions League cash.
But Atletico’s fears appear to have been eased after La Liga clubs were given the green light to begin full training from Monday ahead of a proposed return to action on Thursday, June 11.
Despite a move to the Premier League or anywhere else not believed to be close, it hasn’t prevented United legends from urging the club to sign the Spaniard.
Earlier this month, former defender Rio Ferdinand called on Saul to be brought in to Old Trafford alongside Borussia Dortmund star Jadon Sancho and Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly to take Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side to the next level.
Rio Ferdinand called for Saul to be signed to take United to the next level earlier this month
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article