Gareth Southgate to go big on change for England’s Nations League clash with Belgium with at least seven stars set to return to the starting eleven
- Gareth Southgate is set to make a host of changes for the game against Belgium
- Ben Chilwell, Kieran Trippier and Jordan Pickford are all set to make the team
- It is likely to be a midfield two consisting of Jordan Henderson and Declan Rice
- Harry Kane and Raheem Sterling will start in England’s attacking three
- The third man who could join them though is up in the air for Southgate
Gareth Southgate will make wholesale changes to the team who swept the Republic of Ireland aside on Thursday night for Sunday’s crunch game in Belgium.
Harry Kane, Raheem Sterling, Jordan Henderson, Declan Rice, Ben Chilwell, Kieran Trippier and Jordan Pickford are all expected to return for the Nations League clash in Leuven.
Who joins Kane and Sterling in attack, however, is up in the air for Southgate.
England are set to make a number of changes from the team that beat Ireland on Thursday
Jack Grealish and Jadon Sancho are fighting with Mason Mount to keep a space in the team
Jordon Pickford and Jordan Henderson are among those also set to feature against Belgium
Marcus Rashford is out with a shoulder injury but Dominic Calvert-Lewin, who scored a penalty against Ireland, wants the chance to partner Kane.
‘We have not tried it out yet,’ said the Everton forward. ‘We did for 30 minutes against Denmark when we were chasing the game. We both played up there and we played a bit more direct.
‘But he is a top player and I am pretty sure we can be compatible.’
Jack Grealish, Mason Mount and Jadon Sancho are all also vying to replace Rashford in Southgate’s attack.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article