Steve Bruce has ordered Newcastle to overcome the “uncertainty” caused by the “rumbling” Saudi takeover.
The Newcastle boss says his stars can't use the paralysis of the club at boardroom level as an excuse for a slump during the nine game run in.
Bruce has still had NO contact with the Amanda Staveley led consortium trying to buy the Tynesiders for £300m.
The deal is awaiting approval or not from the Premier League amid concerns over piracy of football on TV in Saudi Arabia, who are buying an 80pc stake.
Bruce's men face Sheffield United on Sunday and he said: “Any distraction at boardroom level created a bit of uncertainty. We have, not me, the fans, are used to it, it has happened so many times.
“I cannot influence what happens above me. I can make sure the preparation of the players is in place and keep our heads down.
“There is something rumbling along. We are aware of that. We can make it an excuse.
"Instead let's focus on the games and not make it an excuse and get stuck in to it.
Mirror Football's Top Stories
“I have no conversations with anyone. That is fine by me. If I haven't (had conversations) I can be giving answers. I will make sure I can take the club forward. Stabilise and keep it moving .
“So far we have done OK. It is important to focus on the challenge ahead. Can we claw them back, and finish off the season well.”
Source: Read Full Article