Steve Bruce has admitted he is “not bulletproof” from the sack.
The Newcastle United boss is on a miserable run of nine defeats in 11 winless games and is facing up to a crunch period which could define his reign.
The veteran manager today revealed he has had no assurances about his short term future from owner. Mike Ashley or MD Lee Charnley.
Bruce, who faces Everton on Saturday, said: “I would not expect to be bulletproof.
“No, I don't need any reassurance.
"We are in the Premier League and we understand.
"We are judged on results and our results are are not good enough at the minute.”
Bruce is in the market for a new midfielder with Leicester City's Hamza Choudhury a target. “It is someone we like.”
And long serving star Matt Ritchie, who is not getting regular football, could head to Bournemouth before the transfer window closes.
Bruce said: “No one wants to be a on a run like we are, players, coach or fans. It has lasted two long for us. Can we get a result? Let's hope so.
“It is our turn, it is how you deal with it, how you cope with it. People are coming back and getting fit again.
“I understand the fans' disappointment. We have been on a disappointing run and I will be my utmost to turn it around. You are judged on results and they have not been good enough."
Asked if he has had much interaction with angry fans he said: “I could bring you letters wishing me good luck and saying keep bashing away. It is not all doom and gloom.
“I understand the frustration and it is part of the Premier League. It is more unique in Newcastle. They want to lean on the club for a way out. We will never take them for granted.
“We are getting our better players back. In a bad run we have been hampered with injury and illness and we have not been the same since struck down after Palace.
“We had a decent start, five wins. That gave us a cushion. We have been stuck on 19 points for six weeks. We have another game. We will have to play well at Goodison Park to get anything.”
Get the latest news straight into your inbox!
It has been a hectic season so far – so make sure you don't miss a single thing by signing up for the brilliant new Mirror Football newsletter!
All the latest transfer news and big stories will land straight into your inbox. You won't miss out.
To sign up, put your email at the top of this article or follow the instructions on this link.
Asked about Matt Ritchie's possible transfer Bruce revealed is would take one "hell of an offer".
He said: "We all understand what Matt's situation is. He is a very good player for the club and has been here five years.
"His frustration is he is not playing week in week out. The right offer for anyone in the squad, we have to make way to bring someone in. It would take a hell of an offer."
Source: Read Full Article