Tottenham chief Fabio Paratici explains ‘regret’ after sacking Nuno Espirito Santo

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

Tottenham’s managing director of football Fabio Paratici has given a brief statement on the club’s decision to sack Nuno Espirito Santo. Spurs took several months looking for Jose Mourinho’s permanent replacement after the Portuguese head coach was sacked back in April.

Antonio Conte, Paulo Fonseca and Gennaro Gattuso were all sounded out before Tottenham settled on appointing Nuno.

And Tottenham’s new manager got off to a brilliant start in the league with a 1-0 victory over defending champions Manchester City.

That was followed by consecutive wins over Wolves and Watford, but results have taken a turn for the worse since then.

The 3-0 defeat to Manchester United on Saturday appeared to be the final nail in the coffin with fans turning on Nuno inside the stadium.

There were chants from the stands of “you don’t know what you’re doing” aimed at Nuno after he subbed off Lucas Moura for Steven Bergwijn.

They failed to register a single shot on target with Harry Kane showing no signs of turning his poor form around in front of goal.

Now, Tottenham have decided to part ways with Nuno to try and stop the rut of their recent results.

And Paratici “regrets” that Nuno’s short tenure at Tottenham had to come to an end.

“I know how much Nuno and his coaching staff wanted to succeed and I regret that we have had to take this decision,” he said on the club’s website.

“Nuno is a true gentleman and will always be welcome here. We should like to thank him and his coaching staff and wish them well for the future.”

Express Sport understands Spurs are already undertaking talks with Conte to come in after failing to come to an agreement in the summer.

https://vier-vier-zwei.com/soccer/psg-considering-terminating-sergio-ramos-contract-after-just-four-months/

But Sky Sports’ Paul Gilmour claims no final decision has been made and Ryan Mason may come in on an interim basis once again.

“Ryan Mason is of course still at the club and stepped in when Jose Mourinho left so whether that is an avenue they go down until they announce or find the permanent replacement,” he said on Sky Sports.

“What I do know is the Tottenham players are not needed to be out on the training ground today.

“It’s a recovery day so they’re working with the sports scientists today.

“It’s a day where they don’t necessarily need to work very closely with a manager ahead of that Conference League game on Thursday.

“They can buy themselves a little bit of time today but no decision taken on that.

“Ryan Mason is the obvious choice to step in and steady the ship until they can find a permanent replacement.”

Source: Read Full Article