Nuno delighted Harry Kane staying at Tottenham
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Tottenham have reportedly reached an agreement with Wolves over the cost of transfer target Adama Traore. However, Spurs have a difficult obstacle to overcome if they are to complete a deal.
Traore was one of the key players for Spurs boss Nuno Espirito Santo when he was head coach at Wolves.
The pair helped the Midlands clubs qualify for the Europa League in their first season back in the Premier League in 2019.
However, a disappointing campaign last term led to Nuno’s departure in May. Two months later, he was appointed as Jose Mourinho’s permanent successor at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
The Portuguese has enjoyed a successful start to the season, defeating both Manchester City and Wolves in the Premier League. He has also added goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini, defender Cristian Romero and winger Bryan Gil to his squad.
JUST IN: Man Utd transfer deal for Neves ‘is there’ with Wolves homework done
He appears keen to add another forward and has been linked with both Traore and PSV starlet Noni Madueke.
The latter signed a new four-year contract with Dutch side on Wednesday, paving the way for Spurs to pursue Traore.
Spanish outlet AS have claimed that Spurs and Wolves have agreed that Traore will cost £39million but add that the two clubs are clashing over the structure of the deal.
The North Londoners are believed to want an initial loan with an obligation to purchase the Spaniard at the end of the season.
Man City’s Ronaldo transfer stance made clear after Kane declaration
Edinson Cavani ‘angry’ with Man Utd after Premier League make decision
Man Utd braced for late PSG transfer ‘offer’ if Mbappe joins Real
But Wolves want the fee up front so that new boss Bruno Lage can crack ahead with his own transfer plans.
News of a breakthrough with Wolves comes after Spurs were presented with a major boost by Harry Kane. Nuno’s plans are finally coming together after hearing that the striker will stay at the club beyond the summer transfer window.
Kane released a statement on Wednesday to confirm that he will remain at the club despite interest from Man City.
Spurs are widely reported to have turned down two bids from the Premier League champions for Kane.
Nuno was delighted to hear about the 28-year-old’s stance and plans to include him in his squad for Thursday’s Europa Conference League clash with Pacos Ferreira.
“Great news. Fantastic news for everybody,” Nuno said when asked about Kane’s statement, which had been released less than an hour before his press conference.
The 47-year-old was speaking to the media to preview Thursday’s match.
He continued: “We are all very happy. One of the best players in the world. We are all delighted to have one more option for the season ahead of us.
“I think since Harry joined us he has been working, so this is what we value. His attitude in training sessions has been great. It’s finished, Harry is going to be with us.
“He worked today, he is an option for tomorrow. Like I said, fantastic news for everybody.”
Source: Read Full Article