Wolves' Nathan Collins waited 25 minutes to apologise Jack Grealish

Wolves defender Nathan Collins ‘waited 25 minutes after the final whistle to apologise Jack Grealish’ following his reckless kung-fu kick on the Manchester City star

  • Nathan Collins received his marching orders for an awful first-half challenge
  • The Wolves defender was sent off for a reckless kung-fu kick on Jack Grealish
  • Collins waited 25 minutes after the final whistle to apologise to the England star
  • Manchester City sealed a 3-0 victory over 10-men Wolves in the Premier League 

Nathan Collins waited 25 minutes after the final whistle to apologise face to face to Manchester City star Jack Grealish for his X-rated challenge following Wolves 3-0 defeat.

As both players went for the ball on the far left of the touchline, Collins launched into the England star with a high kick to the midriff, leaving Grealish a heap on the pitch. 

Collins pleaded his innocence but the summer signing left referee Anthony Taylor no choice but to give the defender his marching orders in the 33rd minute of the match.

Nathan Collins was sent off for a kung-fu kick on Manchester City’s Jack Grealish at Molineux 

Grealish shows the pain of the kick from Collins as the pair battled for the ball by the touchline

The tackle gave Anthony Taylor no choice but to show the Wolves defender a red card 

The £20.5million defender then waited around for 25 minutes until Grealish had finished celebrating and doing post-match interviews to apologise, according to Mirror Sport. 

The report suggests that the Northern Ireland international insisted that it wasn’t malicious and that he was going for the ball.  

Grealish is said to have accepted the apology after the chest-high tackle but told team-mates it was actually his leg which hurt the most after Collins’ studs went down his body.

The England midfielder shows the full extent of the tackle to Wolves skipper Ruben Neves 

Defender Collins has been an ever-present in the Premier League this season. But he will now face a three-match ban for his horror tackle.

Speaking at half time about the challenge, the BT Sport pundits lambasted Collins. ‘He wouldn’t have too many questions about it. It’s a rush of blood to the head,’ Rio Ferdinand said.

Former City star Joleon Lescott questioned what Collins was trying to do as ‘he’s not trying to clear it’.

Fellow pundit Rachel Brown-Finess also criticised the centre-back. ‘He realises how stupid he was and how he’s let his team down,’ she said. 

Phil Foden completed the rout as Pep Guardiola’s team returned to the top of the league table


Collins red card summed up a miserable day for Wolves, which started when Grealish opened the scoring for City with his first of the season.

Champions City were two goals up inside a quarter of an hour, as Erling Haaland notched his eleventh goal of already remarkable season for the Norwegian striker. 

Phil Foden added a third in the second half to round off another convincing display from Pep Guardiola’s men to move them to the top of the Premier League table.

Share this article

Source: Read Full Article