Martin Samuel ARGUES with Chris Sutton over next England boss and suggests it would be CHEATING to appoint a foreign manager – even ruling out Brendan Rodgers! Sportsmail’s experts debate who should lead the Three Lions next on WORLD CUP CONFIDENTIAL
- England crashed out of the World Cup with a painful 2-1 defeat against France
- Gareth Southgate has insisted he won’t rush into a decision over his future
- Martin Samuel says it would be cheating if the next manager wasn’t English
- Chris Sutton argued whether this would rule out Leicester’s Brendan Rodgers
- Click here to follow all the latest World Cup news in Sportsmail’s live blog
- Click here for the latest World Cup 2022 news, fixtures, live action and results
Gareth Southgate’s future as England manager is up in the air after England’s painful World Cup exit at the hands of France in the quarter-finals.
The Three Lions boss has said he won’t rush himself into a decision, though the FA could be forced into looking for a new man to take charge in the dug-out if Southgate decides to walk away.
Sportsmail’s columnist Chris Sutton has come to verbal blows with chief sports writer Martin Samuel on whether the next manager should be English.
Also in today’s WORLD CUP CONFIDENTIAL:
- Sami Mokbel on why the FA needs a quick decision from Southgate ahead of Euro 2024 qualifiers
- Sutton warns England fans on the way they treat their national manager
- Mokbel on why Manchester United will do everything to keep Marcus Rashford
- Sutton admits he was wrong over his criticism of Harry Maguire’s Qatar selection
WATCH THE FULL VIDEO HERE
Our writers Martin Samuel, Chris Sutton, Sami Mokbel and Ian Ladyman were speaking as part of Sportsmail and MailPlus’ daily videocast ‘World Cup Confidential’.
It appears on MailOnline every morning of the tournament and can be found on our YouTube channel.
Gareth Southgate won’t rush into a decision over his England future after their World Cup exit
Southgate’s side were unfortunate to crash out of the World Cup on Saturday against France
England could potentially have a new manager in before their Euro 2024 qualifiers in March
Martin Samuel believes the next boss should be English – ruling out Brendan Rodgers
England and Manchester United star Marcus Rashford is the subject of interest from PSG
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article