Don’t wait around for updates – sign up for our daily football email newsletter today!
Zinedine Zidane is said to have left his position as manager of Real Madrid for a second time in three years following their failure to beat Atletico Madrid to La Liga glory on the final day of the season.
Fabrizio Romano tweeted on Wednesday evening that the France icon had stepped down from the role, having returned in 2019 after a year away.
Los Blancos finished second in La Liga and were knocked-out of the semi-finals of the Champions League by Chelsea, losing in the last 32 of the Copa del Rey.
The news comes as Antonio Conte walked away from Inter Milan following their first Serie A triumph in 11 seasons, with the Italian linked to the Bernabeu.
Zidane said after their 2-1 win over Villarreal last week: "We have to congratulate Atletico Madrid. They deserve it, they had a great season.
"I'm not the most important thing here. The most important thing is what the players did all year.
"We have to think about what we did all season, congratulate the players, and then with time, with calm, we'll see.
"I'll talk with the club, calmly, but not right now."
The World Cup winning midfielder went on to outline his fury at their failure, with an ominous response when asked about his future.
"You know the year we've had, you've said it all year.
"We haven't won anything in the end, OK.
"Here at Real Madrid it's like that, we know where we are and what we have to achieve. With calm and patience, we'll talk.
"My state of mind? Right now I'm p***** off because we didn't manage to win the league," he said. "If you ask me, that's the answer."
READ MORE: WAGs banned from England team hotel and visiting stars during Euro 2020
READ MORE: Premier League predictions from September became scarily accurate
- Real Madrid FC
- La Liga
- Champions League
Source: Read Full Article