Zlatan Ibrahimovic certainly hasn't had a quiet career.
The big Swede has managed to take his talents to Malmo, Ajax, Juventus, Inter Milan, Barcelona, AC Milan, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United, LA Galaxy and now AC Milan again ever since his senior debut in 1999, but what about the players he played with?
Because while we've looked at one-club men and players who've made relatively few transfers during our ultimate XI teammates series, a look at Zlatan was always going to be a fascinating one.
The four years the big man spent at PSG were always likely to have a large bearing, but there are few more names from other clubs in here too.
- The XI is made up of players who made the most appearances alongside our featured player or for our featured manager. We're not looking for an overall 'Best' XI, and the player/manager himself isn't in it.
- For a player, the appearance numbers are based on the time they spent on the pitch at the same time as our main man, factoring in both club and international level.
- This isn't necessarily the eleven players who've spent the most time on the pitch with/for him, just the eleven that would fit into a working team.
- We're not going to come up with a Garth Crooksesque formation, but we might name subs if we feel like it.
- All minutes played and appearances stats are courtesy of transfermarkt.co.uk.
- Don't get angry in the comments section.
Here's Zlatan's XI.
Goalkeeper: Salvatore Sirigu
Appearances with Ibrahimovic: 119
Ibrahimovic has certainly played with goalkeepers who are bigger names, but it was the Italian who was No.1 for most of his four seasons at PSG.
Right-back: Javier Zanetti
Appearances with Ibrahimovic: 115
It would surprise no-one to learn that Zanetti played in all but one of Inter's Serie A games across Zlatan's three seasons at the club between 2006 and 2009.
Centre-back: Christian Chivu
Appearances with Ibrahimovic:117
The Romanian enjoyed two seasons as Ibrahimovic's teammate at Ajax and later two more at Inter Milan.
Imagine the stories he could tell.
Centre-back: Thiago Silva
Appearances with Ibrahimovic: 195
The pair had two years together at AC Milan before both made the move to cashed-up Paris Saint-Germain in the summer of 2012.
Appearances with Ibrahimovic:325
Incredibly, Maxwell has appeared alongside Ibrahimovic at Ajax, Inter, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain, ensuring that he has played with him 130 times more than anyone else.
Midfield: Marco Verratti
Appearances with Ibrahimovic: 125
The little Italian midfield general arrived at PSG in the same summer as the Swede in 2012, and he's still there today.
Midfield: Blaise Matuidi
Appearances with Ibrahimovic: 156
The France World Cup winner was a PSG player for all of Zlatan's four seasons at the club, before he left for Juventus in 2017.
Midfield: Javier Pastore
Appearances with Ibrahimovic: 122
One of the key early signings of the PSG ownership, Pastore joined from Palermo in 2011 and stayed at the club for seven years, including Zlatan's four.
Attack: Lucas Moura
Appearances with Ibrahimovic:122
Having arrived from Brazilian football midway through Ibrahimovic's first season, Moura made a sustained impact at the club before a January 2018 switch to Tottenham.
Source: Read Full Article