Warwick Farm. Selections based on a soft track.
Race 1 – 12:15pm: FUJITSU GENERAL HANDICAP (1200m)
4. King Adviso kicked off at 1350m back on Boxing Day and knocked up to run fourth at Newcastle. Plenty to like about his two trial wins leading into this and he should give a good account.
Racing returns to Warwick Farm on Monday for an eight-race card.Credit:Getty
Dangers: 6. Asva hasn’t been asked to anything serious in his two trials in May, and being from the Snowden stable he commands some respect. 1. Destiny’s Bounty had every chance at his last run before a spell weakening out of the placings as favourite back in January. Trialled twice and tested out a little in the latest. Respect the market. 2. Smooth Flight has been competitive in two starts to date and while beaten at Gosford last time it was a heavy 10 and he tried hard. Worth including.
How to play it: King Adviso WIN. Odds & Evens: EVENS.
Race 2 – 12:50pm: GRAINSHAKER VODKA HANDICAP (1200m)
2. Beirut Miss started double figures on debut and was excellent behind a promising type. Held up for runs for quite a while too so should have finished a bit closer. If she can back that up she’ll be hard to beat.
Dangers: 3. Glacier Queen comes through the same race, he was more fancied and had her chance boxing on for third. Has to be considered again. 7. Wingstofly wasn’t competitive in her first two starts back in December but she’s sparked up considerably in her trials, particularly the latest at Hawkesbury.
Keep an eye on betting. 6. Falsetto ran second in the same trial and gets blinkers on first time here. Form last prep was mixed but sure to race on speed and give a sight.
How to play it: Beirut Miss WIN; Trifecta 2/ 3,6,7/ 3,6,7. Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 3 – 1:25pm: RANVET HANDICAP (2400m)
6. Outlook should be ready to produce her best run this prep after three handy efforts. Too far back at Doomben last start and getting out of the heavy range should suit her. Entitled to go close.
Dangers: 1. Our Candidate showed a glimpse of form at Randwick last time, though well beaten into third he did make some nice ground in the trying conditions. Will certainly appreciate a less deep track and is a good chance. 2. Shameless Miss started favourite in the same race at Randwick and weakened out of it.
Winner on a heavy track over this course prior so is entitled to another go. 5. Arabolini is a front-runner who will give them something to catch. Does have a flat spot but tends to recover well. Beat Shameless Miss three starts ago so keep in mind.
How to play it: Outlook WIN. Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 4 – 2pm: THE AGENCY HANDICAP (1600m)
5. Quiet Michael was quite impressive when resuming on a heavy track at Hawkesbury and this race doesn’t look any harder. Mile suits, drawn well and while he will excel at 2000m or so he’s a good chance.
Dangers: 3. Rondino is another who will relish the increase in distance and he wasn’t disgraced second-up behind Finepoint at Warwick Farm a couple of weeks back. Better ground will suit and he’s worth keeping an eye on.
7. Tavi L’Amour finally shook off the maiden with an easy Hawkesbury win over a mile against four rivals. Has the talent and now she’s broken through she could go on with it.
1. Journalism took a while to reel in the leaders when scoring first-up at Newcastle so you’d imagine he will be fitter for the run. Rolls forward and wouldn’t think a mile will be an issue.
How to play it: Quiet Michael WIN. Odds & Evens: ODDS.
Race 5 – 2:35pm: FURPHY HANDICAP (1400m)
2. Sur La Mer is hard to go past on the back of easily her best performance when scoring here second-up. Favourite there and won clearly, with those two runs under her belt she should be at her peak and can double up.
Dangers: 4. Icecrusher was narrowly beaten first-up over this course back in January so if she runs up to that can be in the finish. Just the one trial leading in and is worth keeping safe. 9. Eberlee chased Sur La Mer home last start proving herself up to this kind of level. Races on speed and sure to run well again.
5. Think Free can mix her form, but she was well-supported when runner-up to Tinnie Winnie at Canterbury and that form isn’t bad. Needs to back it up but right in this if she does.
How to play it: Sur Le Mer WIN; Trifecta 2/ 4,5,9/ 4,5,9. Odds & Evens: EVENS.
Race 6 – 3:10pm: SCHWEPPES HANDICAP (1200m)
9. Daralina Belle is well-placed on the back of two runs back including an eye-catching third behind Selburose at Caulfield a couple of weeks ago. Appreciated getting back onto a firmer track there, and she should be right in the finish of this.
Dangers: 6. Dehorned Unicorn should be fitter for two runs back and comes back a notch in grade here after leading and weakening at Rosehill last week. Expect him to improve on his home track. 8. Micro has only won one from 12 but comes back from stakes company in the spring into his right grade.
Gelded now and is trialling pretty well. Can sprint well fresh. 4. Jal Lei was scratched from Randwick on Saturday and is an interesting runner here. Has shown talent and races well when fresh. Must be respected.
How to play it: Daralina Belle WIN; Trifecta 9/ 4,6,8/ 4,6,8. Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 7 – 3:45pm: TAB HANDICAP (1300m)
4. Deep Romance steps up in trip after three runs back, excuses second-up, and hit the line nicely at Kensington last time out. Draws soft and if she runs out the extra trip she should be a major player.
Dangers: 7. Pool Pony is a huge watch first-up since taking on the likes of Gypsy Goddess back in the summer. Liked her most recent trial and she’s sure to be hitting the line strongly. 1. Huesca had some support at odds when resuming at Randwick and battled on okay.
Better for it and likely that the improving track will be to his liking. Open to improvement. 3. Russian Ruble showed some promise last time in and was rested after breaking through over 1400m here in January. Fitter for two trials and while drawn awkwardly could easily be in the finish.
How to play it: Deep Romance E/W. Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 8 – 4:20pm: PROVEN THOROUGHBREDS HANDICAP (1400m)
10. Mobstar is an up-and-comer who was well-supported and sprinted sharply to win second-up at Wyong looking strong on the line. This looks a logical step for him, drawn to get a similar run and no surprise to see him measure up.
Dangers: 4. Brimstone is another promising type, and he made good ground from the back when making his Australian debut at Canterbury behind Cross Talk. Firmer surface here, has to be respected. 1. Travest has won four races and all of them have been on his home track, so he has the profile to run well.
Hit the line when it was all over at Randwick last time. Each-way. 5. Go Troppo attacked for the lead here last time and weakened badly from the turn. He’s better than that and chance to improve from a kinder draw.
How to play it: Mobstar WIN. Odds & Evens: EVENS.
Tips supplied by Racing NSW
Full form and race replays available at racingnsw.com.au.
News, results and expert analysis from the weekend of sport sent every Monday. Sign up for our Sport newsletter.
Most Viewed in Sport
From our partners
Source: Read Full Article