Sergio Aguero will complete his contract but will reassess after that

‘There’s no chance of him leaving before 2021’: Sergio Aguero will see out his Manchester City contract… but agent admits he will have to ‘see what happens after that’

  • Sergio Aguero will not leave Manchester City before his contract expires in 2021
  • Aguero’s agent Hernan Reguera has said they ‘will see what happens after that’
  • Napoli, Juventus and Inter Milan are among a host of clubs looking to sign him
  • As all time top goal-scorer, he has scored 23 goals in 30 games this season

Sergio Aguero will not leave Manchester City before 2021 as he plans to see out the rest of his contract, despite interest from Napoli, Juventus and Inter Milan. 

The Argentine’s contract at the Etihad Stadium runs out in June next year after signing a one-year extension in 2018.

His agent Hernan Reguera has confirmed that ‘there no chance of him leaving before that’ but suggests that a possible move in the future could be on the cards, as he yet to commit his future with the club.

Sergio Aguero will not leave Manchester City before his contract expires in the summer 2021

‘Sergio has a contract with Manchester City until 2021, and there is no chance of him leaving before that,’ agent Hernan Reguera told FCInterNews.it.

‘We’ll see what happens after that. I haven’t spoken to Inter, and the reason is very simple: Aguero is happy with the Citizens and has no intention of changing club.’

With City’s all-time top goal scorer close to having just 12 months left on his deal, interest from European giants has been flooding in.

Inter see Aguero as a possible replacement for Lautaro Martinez, while Napoli may look to sign the Argentine striker instead of Mauro Icardi.

The 31-year-old has helped City win four Premier League titles and last season’s FA Cup

Speaking previously, Aguero revealed he is not ruling out a transfer but insists he is still happy in Manchester and still has ambitions to win the Champions League with Pep Guardiola’s men.

Aguero has scored 23 goals in 30 competitive games for Manchester City this season.

The 31-year-old has helped City win four Premier League titles and last season’s FA Cup after joining the club from La Liga outfit Atletico Madrid in 2011, following five years in the Spanish capital.




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article

Julio Franco, 61, shows off his old swing in KBO workout video

Julio Franco may play baseball — or at least be in baseball shape — forever.

Just look at the 61-year-old Franco standing in the batter’s box during a workout with the Lotte Giants of the KBO. He’s their hitting coach.

Not the greatest bat speed, but come on, he’s 61 and he still has a professional-looking swing. He’s probably the most game-ready hitting coach in all of ball.

Franco’s last MLB game was in September 2007, not long after he turned a mere 49. His last professional game was just six years ago, for the independent (and now-defunct) Fort Worth Cats. That was in his Age 55 season. Counting affiliated and unaffiliated ball, he has played in 3,595 games in his baseball lifetime, which began in 1978.

With that swing and some time, who’s to say he can’t log a few more games in a return to KBO play? (Yes, return; he played in the league 20 years ago. He’s been everywhere, man.) If the Giants need a DH or pinch hitter, maybe Franco can show, and not just tell, how to handle a left-hander.

Source: Read Full Article

Khabib eyes August date for highly-anticipated fight with Ferguson

Khabib Nurmagomedov eyes August date for highly-anticipated fight with Tony Ferguson if UFC 249 is called off on April 18 and bout needs to be rescheduled for a FIFTH time

  • Khabib Nurmagomedov is back home and his UFC 249 bout is in severe doubt
  • He says he still wants to fight and is waiting to hear a location from Dana White
  • Khabib has suggested an August rescheduled date if April 18 is called off
  • UFC star is a practising Muslim and will be observing a month fast from April 23 

Khabib Nurmagomedov is eyeing an August date for his long-awaited fight with Tony Ferguson if UFC 249 is called off and their bout falls through for a FIFTH time.

Khabib-Ferguson is one of the most highly-anticipated match-ups in UFC history but has already been called off four times, for various health and fitness reasons.

Nurmagomedov is back home in Dagestan and says he is still willing to fight at UFC 249 on April 18, which is set to take place at an unknown location despite the ongoing worldwide coronavirus pandemic.

Khabib Nurmagomedov (left) and Tony Ferguson are still scheduled to fight at UFC 249

Khabib (right) is back in his home country and could struggle to fly to where he needs to

While most other sporting events have fallen foul of the virus, Dana White is still desperate to hold UFC 249 behind closed doors… but if it does get cancelled, Khabib says August is his preferred date for the rearrangement. 

‘June, July, two months, then August I can fight,’ he told ESPN. ‘I hear the UFC wants to make a show in San Francisco [in August]. 

‘If not, let’s fight in Abu Dhabi middle of September. Or fight now, before Ramadan. April 18, we’re supposed to fight, but where? This is the question.’ 

Khabib wants a rescheduled bout with Ferguson (pictured) to take place in August

Khabib is a practising Muslim and will observe a fasting period between April 23 and May 23, meaning if UFC 249 is cancelled on April 18, he would be unable to fight until at least June.

The Dagestani’s return to his home country earlier this week threw the Ferguson bout into doubt, with some reports stating that the UFC were set to replace him on the card with Justin Gaethje.

Ferguson has since suggested that Khabib could be stripped of his title for flying back home, a move that could mean he is unable to return for the fight due to travel restrictions.

Khabib, though, refuted those claims, stating: ‘He’s just a stupid guy.’

Some have joked that the only place UFC 249 could take place this month is on the moon

UFC star Khabib says he could have agreed to another fight with ‘chicken’ Conor McGregor

Khabib continued: ‘I believe we’re going to fight, I swear to God. I don’t know, but I have a feeling we’re going to fight. Just wait. We’re going to fight. I really believe nobody wants this fight like me. I swear. Nobody wants this fight like I want this fight.

‘UFC tried to make [a McGregor rematch]. I tell them, “This guy don’t deserve it. Bye-bye.” I can make with this chicken five times more money than with Tony Ferguson, and you know most people, they don’t know about Tony Ferguson. 

‘A lot of people want to watch name versus name. This is not about skills versus skills. Very small people understand this. This is why I take this fight, because of legacy. I chose this fight. I really want to fight right now, this is not my mistake.’




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article