Julio Franco, 61, shows off his old swing in KBO workout video

Julio Franco may play baseball — or at least be in baseball shape — forever.

Just look at the 61-year-old Franco standing in the batter’s box during a workout with the Lotte Giants of the KBO. He’s their hitting coach.

Not the greatest bat speed, but come on, he’s 61 and he still has a professional-looking swing. He’s probably the most game-ready hitting coach in all of ball.

Franco’s last MLB game was in September 2007, not long after he turned a mere 49. His last professional game was just six years ago, for the independent (and now-defunct) Fort Worth Cats. That was in his Age 55 season. Counting affiliated and unaffiliated ball, he has played in 3,595 games in his baseball lifetime, which began in 1978.

With that swing and some time, who’s to say he can’t log a few more games in a return to KBO play? (Yes, return; he played in the league 20 years ago. He’s been everywhere, man.) If the Giants need a DH or pinch hitter, maybe Franco can show, and not just tell, how to handle a left-hander.

Source: Read Full Article

Mike Tyson shows off his hand speed and ripped physique in new video

Mike Tyson shows off his hand speed and ripped physique in new video as he gears up for a return to the ring aged 53… two days after 48-year-old Shannon Briggs claimed he’d agreed a fight with the heavyweight legend

  • Mike Tyson has been training hard ahead of a potential comeback fight this year
  • The 53-year-old legend showed off his speed and power in a new video for Weibo
  • Tyson shadow boxes shirtless and says he there’s a possibility he could return
  • Shannon Briggs has claimed that he has agreed a deal to take on Tyson next
  • The Baddest Man on the Planet had been expected to face Evander Holyfield 

Mike Tyson has given fans another glimpse of his trademark power and speed as he continues to work towards a sensational comeback fight.

The 53-year-old has been training hard ahead of a controversial return to the ring, with a trilogy fight against old foe Evander Holyfield seemingly on the cards.

But after Shannon Briggs claimed that he had agreed to take on Tyson ahead of Holyfield, the Baddest Man on the Planet posted an update to social media.  

Mike Tyson shows off his hand speed in a new video posted to Chinese social media site Weibo

The 53-year-old looked in good shape as he shadow boxed outside wearing just a pair of jeans

Tyson has been training hard ahead of a return to the ring. He hung up his gloves back in 2005

Launching his own page on Chinese microblogging site Weibo with a video, Tyson told fans that: ‘there’s a possibility I might come back’.

Wearing just a pair of jeans and no top, the American then proceeds to shadow box, showing off the speed which once made him the most feared man in boxing.

In the short clip, Tyson throws a series of jabs, hooks and uppercuts, teasing the sort of punches we could see again if a fight with Briggs is made official.

On Tuesday, the 48-year-old claimed that he had spoken directly with Tyson to agree a heavyweight showdown in the near future.

Tyson covers his face in the clip, which was used to launch the legend’s own Weibo channel

The veteran throws a series of upppercuts, demonstrating his trademark hand speed

Tyson continues to tease fans about a comeback and says there’s a ‘possibility’ he could return

He said: ‘I just talked to Mike Tyson, it’s going down, me and Mike, we’re going to make it happen, it’s official, you’re going to see it happen, Brownsville versus Brownsville.

‘Me and Tyson are going to lace up the gloves, we’re going to rumble, rumble in the jungle. We’re going to let our fist do the talking.’

He says the fight against Tyson will be an exhibition with the two KO artists going toe-to-toe.

Tyson is yet to comment on a fight with Briggs, but in the video he promises to ‘fight with the spirit of Mao’ – the founding father of the People’s Republic of China – if he does make a return to the ring.

At the end of the clip, the 53-year-old gives his dog a hug and a kiss after having his shadow boxing session interrupted.

Shannon Briggs has announced that he will be the man to face Tyson in his comeback fight

 The former world heavyweight champion was interrupted by his dog at the end of the video

Tyson smiles as he talks to his fans in China ahead of a potential return to the ring this year

Last weekend, Holyfield said his team were in talks with Tyson’s and he was confident over an agreement being reached, though no deal had been struck.

Tyson suffered back-to-back losses to Holyfield and infamously bit off part of his opponent’s ear during their second fight in 1997, leading to him being disqualified. 

Both men have recently posted workout videos showing off their physical prowess and Tyson has wowed fans with his famous power on the pads, though many from the boxing world are discouraging him from lacing his gloves up again over fears of serious injury.




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article

Mike Tyson shows off incredible power and lightening speed in new training video

Legendary boxer Mike Tyson has announced that he’s ‘back’ with the release of incredible new training footage that shows he’s lost little of the speed or power from his heyday.

The 53-year-old retired 15 years ago but he’s made the most of the lockdown period by getting his gloves back on and training with MMA coach Rafael Cordeiro.

The former Heavyweight Champion plans on returning to the ring for exhibition bouts but there’s been no official announcement about potential opponents nor a time frame on any return.

Nevertheless, any suggestion that Tyson isn’t taking a return seriously have been put to bed with his latest training video.

The Brookyln-born fighter proclaims ‘I’m back’ at the end of the footage.

Speaking to TI on Instagram earlier this month, Tyson detailed his new training regime and said he was in ‘pain’.

‘I’ve been hitting the mitts for the last week. That’s been tough, my body is really jacked up and really sore from hitting the mitts,’ said Tyson.

‘I’ve been working out, I’ve been trying to get in the ring, I think I’m going to box some exhibitions and get in shape.

‘I want to go to the gym and get in shape to be able to box three or four-round exhibitions for some charities and stuff.

‘Some charity exhibitions, make some money, help some homeless and drug-affected motherf****** like me.

‘I do two hours on cardio, I do the bike and the treadmill for an hour, then I do some light weights, 300, 250 reps.

‘Then I start my day with the boxing thing, I go in there and hit the mits, 30 minutes, 25 minutes, start getting in better condition.‘I’m start to put those combinations together. I’m in pain, I feel like three guys kicked the s*** out of me.’

Though Tyson is aiming for exhibition bouts, there has been some talk of a return to professional boxing.

Frank Warren dismissed that speculation in his Metro.co.uk column this week but Cordeiro says Tyson is open to all avenues.

What I can tell you is that if he wants to do something in the future he’ll be ready for that 100 per cent,’ Cordeiro said in an interview with ESPN.

‘Boxing, for sure, if he wants to come back to boxing, give him six months he could come back and fight against anyone. I’ll put my word to that, it’s not a joke.

‘You guys can see on the mitts, that was the first mitts [session]. Can you imagine after three weeks? The guy is a great student.’

Source: Read Full Article

Adebayor's team show off his expensive car collection as 'motivation'

Emmanuel Adebayor’s team proudly show off his NINE luxury cars in his garage as ‘motivation’ for his supporters… days after the former Tottenham star refused to donate money to fight the coronavirus in Togo

  • Emmanuel Adebayor’s team showed off his expensive fleet of cars in a video
  • An account associated with the player posted the video as ‘Monday motivation’
  • Instagram post reveals he has a customised Rolls Royce and several Porsches
  • It comes nearly a fortnight after Adebayor refused to donate to fight Covid-19
  • Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19

Emmanuel Adebayor has risked the wrath of the public after his team posted a video showing off his fleet of expensive cars as ‘motivation’ – days after the player defended his decision to donate money to help fight the coronavirus.

The Instagram account named ‘Team_Adebayor’ posted the video in the hope of inspiring others that they may be able to achieve what the former Tottenham and Manchester City star has in his life.

Starting with a customised Rolls Royce, the video shows off eight more expensive vehicles, including four Mercedes Benz, two Porsches, a BMW and Range Rover.

Emmanuel Adebayor’s team have showed off his expensive fleet of cars in a Instagram video


The video, which shows off nine luxurious vehicles, was posted as ‘Monday motivation’

The caption read: ‘#MondayMotivation This video is not a message to tell you ‘SEA has made it’, but rather to say ‘You can do it too!’ All you need to do is believing in yourself and keep working even when no one is watching. Tag a friend who needs to see this.’

Adebayor, who is currently isolating in his native Togo, refused to give money to help battle the deadly virus before expressing his desire to be able to do as he pleases with his wealth.

The 36-year-old was earning as much as £175,000 a week while at the Etihad Stadium and has amassed millions across the span of his professional career.  

But, while currently isolating back in Togo’s capital of Lome, Adebayor doubled down on his no donation stance as the former captain of the national team dismissed the notion of responsibility on his shoulders to use his money to help against COVID-19. 


The video also shows off his two Porsches – which is hoping to inspire the player’s supporters

It comes less than a fortnight after Adebayor responded to critics by revealing he would not be donating any money to help the fight against the coronavirus back in his home country of Togo

The country, at the time of writing, has 124 confirmed COVID-19 cases and nine people have died from the virus. 

Across the entire continent, the health care systems are not as strong as the ones in the UK or USA and Simon Antara, of the African Field Epidemiology Network, explained: ‘We are preparing for disaster.’ 

But despite the warnings, Adebayor is ‘very clear’ that he will not donate. 

‘For those of you who say I don’t donate, let me be very clear, I don’t donate. It is very simple,’ Adebayor said in a Facebook Live video, as reported by Marca.

The former Arsenal and Tottenham striker said that ‘I do what I want and I eat what I want’

‘I do what I want and eat what I want. Later, there will be people who will criticise me for the fact that I did not make a donation in Lome (capital of Togo).’ 

Adebayor has previously gone above and beyond to help those in need back in his native Togo, committing to improving the lives of children back home. 

In 2017, he generously revealed he was to financially support 90 children in Togo for an entire year.

He has been seen touring the country and visiting cities like Kara, a northern spot in Togo where he played a match and donated food and school supplies to impoverished children. 

Adebayor has previously used his money and stature to undertake charity work back in Togo

The 36-year-old has been playing with Olimpia in Paraguay before isolating back in Togo

Adebayor had been playing in Paraguay with Olimpia before the virus broke out and lockdown measures were introduced to stop the spread. He joined the Paraguayan club on a free transfer from Turkish outfit Kayserispor earlier this year. 

He departed the South American country for home, via stops in France and Benin, and there was criticism in some quarters that the former Real Madrid forward had brought the disease back to his country – a suggestion Adebayor strongly refutes.

‘Some think that I was the one who introduced the virus in Lome,’ he added. ‘It is very unfortunate, but this country is like that.’ 




Share this article

Source: Read Full Article

Zlatan and Pogba face off in Instagram back-heel flick shot challenge

Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Paul Pogba face off in back-heel flick shot challenge on Instagram… but which star’s attempt was best?

  • Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Paul Pogba have been facing off in skill battles this week 
  • The pair challenged each other to a back-flick competition in their own homes
  • The ex-Manchester United team-mates took to Instagram to show off their flick 

Zlatan Ibrahamovic and Paul Pogba have continued their quarantine skill battle by taking part in a back-heel flick shot challenge.

The former Manchester United team-mates have been competing against each other over the past week to try and prove who has the better range of football tricks.

Wearing an LA Lakers shirt with his own name and number on the back, Ibrahimovic started the back-heel challenge by performing an impressive flick into a bin and uploading it on Instagram and telling Pogba: ‘Game over’. 

Zlatan Ibrahimovic (above) challenged Paul Pogba to a back-heel flick challenge on Instagram

But an hour later, the French midfielder responded with a subtle back-flick which rebounded of a wall and straight into a basketball hoop.

Pogba clearly thought his was the best, as he captioned his Instagram video: ‘It was an honour to challenge and beat the lion. Now the game is over.’ 

Zlatan and Pogba know each other well from their time at Old Trafford, having joined the club during the same transfer window in the summer of 2016 – when Jose Mourinho was in charge. 

The pair enjoyed an impressive debut season at the club as they helped United to win the Europa League and League Cup in 2017, with Ibrahimovic scoring 28 goals in 46 appearances in all competitions that year. 

Pogba responded with an impressive back-flick off off a wall and into a basketball hoop

Pogba celebrated his impressive trick and claimed it was better than Ibrahimovic’s effort

However, a serious knee ligament injury towards the end of the 2016/17 season meant that his Old Trafford career fizzled out and he departed the club at the end of the 2017-18 season. 

While Zlatan has gone on to appear for La Galaxy before returning to former club AC Milan on a short-term deal earlier this year, Pogba is still at Manchester United and has made 150 career appearances for the club. 

However, the Frenchman is widely linked with a move away from United this year, having made just eight appearances for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side this year. 

Ibrahimovic (right) and Pogba (left) spent two years as Manchester United team-mates




Share this article


Source: Read Full Article

Real Madrid 'ward off Man United interest in Fede Valverde'

Real Madrid ‘ward off interest from Manchester United for Fede Valverde’ by insisting his suitors will have to meet staggering ‘£448m release clause’ if they want midfielder

  • Real Madrid have warded off interest in Fede Valverde with huge release clause 
  • Manchester United showed interest but will not pay the £448million fee
  • Madrid have branded the 21-year-old almost untransferable with huge clause 

Real Madrid have declared midfielder Fede Valverde almost unsellable with a staggering reported £448million release clause after interest from Manchester United. 

The Uruguayan is enjoying a stellar season under Zinedine Zidane for Los Blancos and has attracted interest from all over Europe. 

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has identified Valverde as a key target this summer but has suffered a major setback in his pursuit given the 21-year-old’s huge release clause. 

Real Madrid have shunned interest for midfielder Fede Valverde with £448m release clause

Manchester United shown interest in the 21-year-old but will now look elsewhere

According to Sport, United are aware that Madrid are not willing to budge at all and the transfer will be impossible. 

Valverde has been likened to former Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard in his style of play and has been a breath of fresh air in the Madrid midfield. 

Solskjaer wants a few big name signings this summer and is keen to strengthen his midfield options, with Paul Pogba likely facing a summer exit. 

However, he will have to look elsewhere for that Pogba replacement as Valverde has been declared virtually untransferable for now.  

Manchester United will now look at other options to strengthen their midfield this summer




Share this article


Source: Read Full Article